Tuesday, November 30, 2010

...Your Best Day At Work

 Ok... so even if you are a casual angler, you're probably familiar with the old adage "Your worst day of fishing  is better than your best day at work". I personally can't vouch for the validity of this statement as I haven't done much of either in a while, but it seems to me that there have been times recently when fishing can be more like work than pleasure. I say this because there are times I go out when I really shouldn't, you know... those days when you didn't get enough sleep and even the simplest things seem to frustrate you or nothing seems to work out right.

 I know I'm not the only one this happens to, even though no one else will admit to it. Video doesn't lie
Perhaps this video should have been called "When Good Fishermen Go Bad"

 I know what you're thinking, those were every day schmoes who don't know what they're doing. Maybe, maybe not, but even the pros have off days, and the more often you get out, the more often you're going to have them. Bill Dance, a fishing pro and TV host for over 35 years, has to be one of the clumsiest celebrities, and the most open about it.
Of course Bill Dance makes millions every year through his show, endorsements, and appearances. Fishing for him is obviously a passion and a job, which makes me wonder if his wost day fishing could possibly be his worst day at work too. I'll have to ask him next time we're out. No.. just kidding. That would be like mixing matter and anti matter, a nano second later and we would all wink out of existence.

 It wouldn't be right to ignore the hard water season, so I'll include this short (ignore the title, it was probably written by a skier).
 No need to worry about that happening here in Ontario, but it's got me wondering about what I'm going to do when I finally get the chance to try and get a good sized laker through a 6" hole.

 Obviously I've been surfing You Tube recently. As I've been writing this, the Russian forewarded a video he thought would be a fitting update to the "Opportunity Knocks..." posting from a few weeks ago. No bloopers here.
Awesome! Challenge accepted (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment