Saturday, March 26, 2011

Joke/Quote of the Week #4

 Well....it's Saturday morning and another week has passed like so much ice water under the bridge. While so many of my fellow bloggers are already geared up for trout and other open water species, here in southern Ontario winter has returned with a vengeance and it looks like hard water angling will be possible for at least another few weeks. So here I am now, up before the morning light with an hour to kill before my friends arrive to whisk me away to Lake Simcoe and another assault on the jumbo perch population there. Just to fill out my time and possibly amuse you, I think now is the time for another installment of Joke/Quote of the Week.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.

You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



















-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, grabbed the dog,
and slipped quietly into the garage.
I hooked up the boat up to the truck, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.
The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio,
and discovered that the weather would be bad all day.
I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.
I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered,
'The weather out there is terrible.'
My loving wife of 10 years replied, 'Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?'
And then the fight started ...
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Counseling—Newfie Style
Earl and Garge are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing tobacco, and drinking beer
when suddenly Garge says,
“Think I’m gonna divorce the wife. She ain’t spoke to me in over two months.”
Earl spits overboard, takes a long, slow sip of beer, and says,

“Better think it over. Women like that are hard to find.”

4 comments:

  1. Thanks John. A good way to start a Saturday morning.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good humor.
    Love that Lesters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckles and Tee Hee's, John. Always nice to spread a little humor in the fishing world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the postcard ones John,
    Cheers,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete